At least we'll always have the music.... I am so sad today and also so grateful that I saw what may have gone down as Pennywise's final LA show. I want to believe that they will play some actual final shows w/ Jim in the area soon, but as he has already announced that he is leaving the band, i'm not sure that will happen (and if it did, would I get tickets?) Now, it's actually not the end of "Pennywise" as the rest of the guys announced that they will continue as a band but in my eyes w/ the voice of Pennywise gone, any songs from the last 20 years just will not sound the same. Obviously a band is made up of more than just its lead singer but, if the remaining members want to continue making music they totally should!under a new name. I would love to see these guys keep playing together using their skills but a part of the powerful punk magic is gone. One of my most prized pieces of rock memorabilia is a poster of this album cover signed by each member - treasure
No comments:
Post a Comment