Monday, March 26, 2012

Can't Buy Me Love

One of my first music memories:  My dad calling a local Las Vegas radio station to request The Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love" and hearing it shortly after.  It was such a fun moment, just like when I finally stayed upright on my two wheeled bicycle!  I'll always look back on my life and think of certain moments fondly, just the way I look back and think about my father.  He once wrote me a note telling me to think of him anytime I see a Dove.  A bird I see rarely, which at this very moment I realize is spot on for what it represents. He helped give me life, bring me into this world, and give me the sense of adventure to enjoy all this life has to offer.  The time that he was in my life may have been short in comparison to the hours I've lived but sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference in life.  Estranged might be a good word to use but whatever grammatical term fits best, he was my father, the man who taught me how to ride a bike, enjoy a chocolate - anything! - and contributed to my head full of kinky curls.  I honestly must say, I am super thankful to have been born to him.  Many of the trials and tribulations I've gone through are a result of him, his actions, or his genes and I would not be who I am or where I am today if not for it all.  I have only great memories of him and if my thoughts ever waiver from smiles it is only because he did what he needed to do in order for my life to turn out well.  Thank you to my Mom for understanding the type of person my father was, for explaining it and helping me understand as well.  For all of my life I will remember my father and give thanks that he lived and hope that he is hanging out around me, guiding me towards exciting events.

No comments:

Post a Comment