Monday, November 2, 2009

Ask, you just may get lucky

Thankful that my "Rock"tober is OVA!  Welcome November and what a nice welcome it is. After being told about 2 months ago to forget about our nice almost 2 weeks long Holiday hiatus from work because of the economy, we were welcomed back this Monday morning with news that its back! Woohoo!  From Christmas Eve (1/2 day) up until January 3rd (which is Sunday) we have off from work.  I am now very much looking forward to the end of December.  I also am very much looking forward to next Tuesday as I have been lucky enough to receive an invitation for lunch at the grand Beverly Wilshire in honor of legendary broadcaster Vin Scully, Voice of the Dodgers.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!  While October turned out an all around crazy month of stress, confusion, questions and just plain rockiness, I still have to Stop and Breathe because life always turns out okay, even if sometimes it takes longer than others.  311 has a song called "It's Alright" which I adore in so many ways; this is the chorus:
"It's alright

Wherever you are right now.
It's alright
that's where you're
suppose to be now."
When life gets hectic I try and remember these words.  Not only does it make you exhale when you hear the words sung, but it provides a sense of relief when the moments come when you want to run away and hide.  I complain a lot more than I should about little things; I say it's the little things that make the most difference, but I am one for certain who needs to remember that there is more to life than right now and life is good.  Breathe and work through right now because time keeps going and as minutes pass, life changes. Move with life and stay open to change; fight the urge to fight all the time, life is a journey and you will make it in time. 

Help celebrate a wonderful man if you have the opportunity


No comments:

Post a Comment