I'm really considering trying to start a raw food style of living... I think I could do it and it sounds incredibly beneficial. I'm coming to realize that meat is not always my friend. Meat is so much a product of consumerism that it does make me wonder a lot of the time if meat really is good for us. After eating a Sushi meal or a Vegan meal I feel wonderful and usually satisfied, I can't really say the same after eating a meal consisting mainly of meat. I've really really enjoyed Vegan meals whenever I've eaten them; lately I've also really been trying to find ways to improve my health and in addition to a Pilates program I think this would be great. Cooking food takes a long time; thawing food out takes a long time; both of the aforementioned activities reduce the amount of nutritious value gained from ingesting this food. I love love shopping at Trader Joe's, especially over the average supermarket; supermarkets are SO bright, too cold in some parts, stuffy in others - I feel slightly bad shopping in them - But TJ's on the other hand, is comfortable and satisfying to shop in (even if the aisles are a little tight, but only because there are so many people looking for healthy choices too). This endeavor will take effort on my part; I think it is time I put some effort into my health. Let's see, if I can put as much effort into this as I do into my love of music & entertainment, I will be one healthy person!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment