Monday, June 22, 2009

Get a Dictionary!

I'd call it a slam, not a highlight of an awesome fighter! Last night watching good ol' SpikeTV they were showing some of the greatest knockouts and best moments in MMA history. Well about 40 mins into the program they start hyping up Mr. Chuck Liddell. Over the years Chuck has displayed some great skills and strength. He definatly has knocked some guys out - that's for sure! So as my boyfriend and I continue to watch, waiting for what we think is going to be some great moments in Liddell's career - calm cool Chuck giving his opponent a good knock to the face then run around the ring backwards howling like the Iceman does! When the show comes back from commercial however, they begin the introduction of Liddell vs. Evans. (wait, what?) Right away bells go off in my head and I look at my boyfriend who already looks upset. Sure enough, as we had remembered it, this is the fight Chuck did not dominate but in fact was on the receiving end of one nasty knockout. Tribute? I was not the only one to hear this word. How is this a tribute? Did Chuck and the UFC have a falling out? Does someone (producer/writer) not know the meaning of "Tribute"? At any rate, if I were Chuck's team I'd have some words with the people at UFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment